As the price of fossil energy continues to rise, the value of biomass energy is getting higher and higher. In addition to traditional fuelwood, straw, and bagasse, high-yield plants that are specially used as fuels have also been successfully cultivated.
Wood wastes or plant fuels are used as biomass fired steam boiler fuels to replace coal or fuel oil, which not only saves non-renewable fossil energy and energy consumption costs for enterprises, but also contains almost no sulfur in the wood wastes, resulting in less environmental pollution.
It has the following advantages:
(1) Biomass fuel has a large calorific value. The calorific value is about 3900-4800 kcal / kg, and the calorific value after carbonization is as high as 7000-8000 kcal / kg.
(2) Biomass fuel has high purity and does not contain other sundries that do not generate heat. Its carbon content is 75-85%, ash content is 3-6%, and water content is 1-3%.
(3) Absolutely does not contain coal gangue, stones and other impurities that do not generate heat but consume heat, which will directly reduce costs for the enterprise.
(4) Biomass fuel does not contain sulfur and phosphorus and does not corrode the boiler, which can extend the service life of the steam boiler, and the enterprise will benefit a lot.
(5) Because the biomass fuel does not contain sulfur and phosphorus, sulfur dioxide and phosphorus pentoxide are not generated during combustion, so it does not cause acid rain, does not pollute the atmosphere, and does not pollute the environment.
(6) Biomass fuel is clean and hygienic, convenient to feed, reducing the labor intensity of workers, greatly improving the working environment, and enterprises will reduce the cost of labor.
(7) There is very little ash after burning biomass fuel, which greatly reduces the site for coal gangue storage and reduces the cost of gangue discharge.
(8) The ashes after the burning of biomass fuel are high quality organic potassium fertilizers, which can be recovered and profitable.
(9) Biomass fuel is a renewable energy gifted by nature.